Monday, March 15, 2010

More Dresden Plates

I am still really interested in the Dresden Plate block. I can't believe how much I thought how hard this block would be to do. But is isn't and is fun to do. I was looking around in blogland and came across Lurline's Place http://lurlineg.blogspot.com/. She has a Dresden Plate Tutorial for this style of Dresden plate. Thank you Lurline for posting this. I love it. I love scrappy quilts so this Dresden just falls right in there. I put together a few of my flower scrap pieces and this is the one I came up with.

I then wanted to try a smaller Dresden plate block. I had just bought the March/April issue of McCalls quilting magazine and found this pattern by Virginia Robertson http://www.virginiarobertsondesigns.com/home I love this too. I will try to make this one of my many next projects to do. I got out a few of my 1930's scraps and made this Dresden up from the magazine pattern. I think this one is my favorite size of Dresden.





I hope everyone is having a good day.
One quilting project, like one cookie, is never enough!



1 Very nice people left a comment:

free indeed said...

I recently got the dresden ruler too. I made small plates for a quilt for my newest granddaughter due next month. I've got to finish it by Sat (the shower). It all in pink petals with a brown center. I"m not it love with it yet....too stressed I guess :)

Your's turned out so nicely...will have to give that scrap one a try..it is very different.
Shelley