Friday, September 25, 2009

Rag Quilting Question

I am off work today so I am trying to catch up on my blogging.


I have fallen in love with rag quilts. They are easy and when you are finished you are done...no having to get anything machine quilted...great gifts to give.
I have only made one so far...but want to make many more. I got interested in them when my Aunt passed away and she had alot of bluejeans and blue jean dresses. I asked my uncle if I could have them so I could make a few blue jean quilts. I got looking around at different ideas for some quilt with bluejeans and came across the rag quilts. I am still trying to get all the jeans and dresses cut out into squares. I had bought some jean material from hobby lobby several years ago to make me a dress and never did. I picked up some pretty flower and pink material and made this rag quilt. I did put flannel in the middle for batting so it is a little heavy but mighty warm.



The next rag quilts I want to make are going to made out of all flannel. They look so pretty.
The local quilt shop Tomorrows Quilts http://www.tomorrowsquilts.com/ I go to in Waco has some flannel rag quilts on display. Linda the owner just started selling the Accuquilt Go fabric cutter http://www.accuquilt.com/homepage.asp She used the accuquilt rag quilt dye to cut out those rag quilts. I have been looking into buying the accuquilt go. Does anyone have one and have you used the rag quilt dyes? How much do you like the Accuquilt? I would appreciate any feedback on it.
When I do a flannel rag quilt I will post some pics.

0 Very nice people left a comment: